2/05/2015

Video: Ritter Der Kokosnuss - Ines Papert


In this video, Edelweiss athlete Ines Papert is featured as she climbs the first repeat of a mixed winter climb called Ritter der Kokosnuss. This route is located high up on the Breitwangflue at Kandersteg in Switzerland and is rated M12, WI5. This "trad" route is protected with ice screws, pegs, nuts, and cams only.






"I climbed the first M9 pitch without falling, just like the second M12 pitch through the jutting roof. For the next M9 I had to rely fully on my onsight skills: my feet skidded off the holds as I cut loose, floating on poor hooks, suspended for seconds above the void, my power almost coming to an end. But then, thanks to pure grit and determination, I powered through the overhang and managed to reach a thin smear just above the lip. A few delicate moves followed, then all of a sudden I was engulfed in a shower of cold snow and ice. But this made no difference, I’d done it, was safe and felt amazing!" --Ines Papert

To read Ines' full account of this ascent, click here.




_________
Subscribe to our RSS feed for future articles. SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Like what you read? Share it with a friend.

No comments: