After getting a Bachelor’s in Chemistry and dropping out of a PhD program with a Master’s, Anne found herself working and living right next door to Joshua Tree National Park. It was on the slabby trad climbs of J-Tree, Suicide, and Tahquitz where Anne officially cut her teeth. Her first lead climb was on Forbidden Paradise, a 5.10b slab nightmare at J-Tree.
Upon moving to Tucson, AZ to pursue a second Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Anne was introduced to sport climbing at a local gym. She took quickly to clipping bolts and working hard routes. She found that her years as a diver allowed her to quickly decipher any sequence that normally threatens a send. Anne now resides in Salt Lake City, with her husband, where she uses the Wasatch range as training grounds for her trips abroad.
- First female ascent of TSS (5.13c), Fat Lady (5.13c), Hammerheard (5.13b), Bullox (5.13b), Guerrilla Warfare (5.13b/c), Special Forces (5.13b), Neptune Spear (5.13b), and Vote with a Bullet (5.13b) at The Compound in Maple Canyon, UT
- Redpointed T-Rex (5.14a) at the Pipe Dream Cave in Maple Canyon, UT
- Redpointed A Wyoming Sheep Shagger (5.13d) at the Pipe Dream Cave in Maple Canyon, UT
- Onsighted The Name of the Game (5.13a) in Tensleep, WY
- Onsighted Snooker (5.13a) and Harvest (5.13a) in the Red River Gorge
Find out more about the Beal team and products here.
Subscribe to our RSS feed for future articles. SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Like what you read? Share it with a friend.