Scott Bennett joins the Edelweiss USA Team.
Now based in Boulder, Colorado, the 28 year old alpinist has finally begun to feel at home in the mountains of his childhood dreams. Beyond his beloved Front Range, the hallowed venues of Argentine Patagonia, British Columbia's Waddington range, and the Alaska range have beckoned. In the past three years, he's opened eight major new routes in those ranges, all in his preferred lightweight, ground-up style.
His bottomless pool of energy shows no signs of drying up, even as youthful audacity gives way to thoughtful experience. Keep your eye out for Scott at the crags of the Western US, as well as the Greater Ranges.
Follow Scott's adventures on his blog: Rope and Summit
- Winner of the American Alpine Club’s 2013 Robert Hicks Bates Award for “Outstanding achievement by a young climber”
- Recipient of 2013 Mugs Stump Grant
- Recipient of 2010 AAC Mountain Fellowship grant
- 2011 Patagonia first ascents with Blake Herrington: FA of Las Vent’uras, West Face of Guillamet (5.11, A1, 450m); the FFA of Cosas Patagonicas, West Face of Mermoz (5.11+, 600m); and the FA of the Pollone Traverse, for the first integral ascent of Cerro Pollone (5.11+, 650m(http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web11w/newswire-patagonia-cerro-torre-fitz-roy-pollone)
- 2011 Patagonia first ascents with Cheyne Lempe: FA of Manos al Cielo, West Face of Guillamet (5.11, 450m, 1st free ascent of W. Face); and the FA of the North Pillar Sit Start, Cerro Fitz Roy (5.11, A1, 2000m). (http://www.alpinist.com/tcl/email/hc-august/HighCamp_main.html)
- First ascents on in the Waddington range of British Columbia: Incog-neato (5.10 A1 400m) on the Blade and The Canadian Club (5.11, 500m) on the Stilletto. (http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web12x/newswire-waddington)
- First ascent of East Buttress of the Angel (5.10, 1000m, 50deg) in Alaska’s Revelation mountains. (http://www.alpinist.com/doc/web13x/newswire-revelations-angel-bennett-zimmerman)
Subscribe to our RSS feed for future articles. SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Like what you read? Share it with a friend.