Andy Dorais recently signed on as a Beal and Grivel athlete.
Andy Dorais is no stranger to moving quickly and efficiently in the mountains. Although he started out as a track-star in Indiana during his childhood, he quickly adopted the lifestyle of a ski-mountaineer after moving west be closer to the mountains. With the hefty duty of finding the perfect balance between adventures in the mountains, spending time with his wife and kids, and working full-time as a medical professional, Andy has become very proficient in the techniques of traveling light and fast to provide himself with sessions of climbing and skiing in the mountains before work, after work, and on the weekends. Andy resides in Utah and has traveled all over the place in pursuit to establish impressive lines and FKTs in high alpine terrain, including his time spent representing the U.S.A. during the 2015 ISMF World Championships.
- Former speed record on Mount Rainier - Car to car in 3:57 (featured in the Powderwhore movie Elevation)
- Current speed skiing record on the Grand Teton - 5:17
- Pioneering one-day traverses of the Qquirrh Mountains and the La Sals
- Attempted first on skis of the W.U.R.L.--Wasatch Ultimate Ridge Link-up--enchaining 14 of the 16 named peaks that surround Little Cottonwood Canyon)
- Pioneering steep skiing enchainments such as 8 couloirs in Hogum Fork in a day
- Completed the Teton Trifecta (Grand Teton, Middle Teton, and South Teton)
- 1st place in the 2015 USSMA Sprint Qualifier
- 4th place in the 2014 North American Sprint Championship
Like what you read? Share it with a friend.