As a mountain guide, Alan Rousseau has landed a profession that he is passionate about, a profession that has taken him to amazing locations in Utah, Alaska, Peru, Russia, and the Cascades.
After spending his childhood in New England, Alan moved to Utah in 2004 where he lives with his wife and learned to climb. Initially, Alan picked up climbing as a secondary activity in an effort to take his skiing and snowboarding further up into the mountains. But the more he did it, the more he found passion in climbing impressive lines and summiting awe-inspiring peaks.
Aside from his guiding trips, Alan has also traveled to places such as Nepal, Greece, and Canada where he has explored new places and established new routes.
- First ascent of Langmoche Ri peak (6611m, 2500’ 80 degrees) in the Rolwaling Himal of Nepal
- First ascent of the West face of Pachermo peak (6275m, 4000' M5 AI4) in the Rolwaling Himal of Nepal
- 2013 Lyman Spitzer cutting edge award recipient
- First ascents of mixed climbs up to M9
- AMGA Rock and Alpine Certified Guide
Subscribe to our RSS feed for future articles. SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Like what you read? Share it with a friend.