Angela VanWiemeersch joins the Edelweiss USA Team.
While hitchhiking through California, Angela heard of a place called Ouray, where people wore spikes on their feet and held axes in their hands to climb frozen waterfalls. She was enamored. She took every last dollar she had and spent it on a month-worth of rent in Ouray and a bag full of used climbing gear. Angela found the happiness and inspiration she was looking and is now fueled by the beauty and challenge that ice climbing offers.
From the Ouray Ice Park to virgin ice in Zion to amazing alpine adventures in Alaska, Angela is once again dancing on ice, only this time she’s moving upward on vertical icefalls.
- Free solo of Ham and Eggs (WI4+ M4, 3,000’) on the Mooses Tooth in the Central Alaska Range.
- Ascent of Southwest ridge of Mt.Francis (IV, 5.8, 60’, 3,600’) in the Central Alaska Range
- Ascent of California Ice (WI4-5, 3,000') in the Beartooth Range of Montana
- 11 first ascents in and around Zion National Park ranging from WI 3-WI-6 with heights up to 400’
- Ascent of The Talisman (WI 5-6 M6, 3 pitches) in Ouray, Colorado
- Ascent of Bridal Veil Falls (WI 5+, 3 pitches) in Telluride, Colorado
- Bird Brain Blvd (WI 5-M5, 1200’) in Ouray,Colorado
- Aims Ice Hose (WI5-M5, 520’) in Telluride, Colorado
- The Good Looking One (WI5 M4, 150') in Hyalite Canyon, Montana
Subscribe to our RSS feed for future articles. SUBSCRIBE NOW.
Like what you read? Share it with a friend.